Saturday 8 November 2008

The Casting...



When I first wrote the feature script for Caution Wet Paint I did not have a clue who I would cast. For me, the importance was the chemistry between Jay and Kay, That chemistry, the bouncing off each other was essential to maintain the humour of the script. The straight laced Jay, the whacky Kay, these were two factors that would be essential to the tellng of the story.

So to further explain yesterday's documentary (view by clicking the link), the casting of Ari and Kuldip was by no means secured. I did not know them at all when I wrote the first draft for Caution Wet Paint. But when I was editing An East End Tale I saw the scene with Kuldip (who played Chandran) and Ari (who played Tony) together. They cracked me up, which was their intention. I showed the scene to Nick while we were cutting music for the film and I remember telling him that those two should be in a comedy together.

The rest, as they say, is history...

No comments: