Friday 21 November 2008

Pre Production

There is a reason why things have been very quiet on the CWP Front recently. That magical phrase, 'pre-production'. Yes, that is the terminology for procrastination heaven. Pre-production can mean anything. Scripts, re-writes, twiddling of thumbs. Mostly, it is organising. Film is fast, filming is slow. Especially the preparatrory work, where most of the budget goes on consultation. Or in my case, as I work with no budget, 'discussion time'.

There will be a new 'made-for-festival' short coming out next year, and it will probably be shot in January. I, as El D. will also be making another short film, a more serious one with a tone of gravitas attached to it. Like last year, two films, one wacky the other sober. It kind of reflects my own duality (or multiplicity) that I like to do two completely different projects, on an emotional level. It balances my internal ying and yang. More importantly, I do it as I feel like it. The crazy antics of CWP is liberating, while the sadistic nature of the bulk of my work allows me to explore a lot of personal demons.

Will be keeping you all informed, El D!

No comments: