Sunday 15 February 2009

Hello I'm Debra the make-up lady

Hello, let me introduce myself; my name is Debra and I worked on Caution Wet Paint as the make-up lady. I'm going to tell you a little more about myself, firstly I have been doing make-up now within the media for seven years. I first became interested in make-up as a career when I was 14, when I used to help backstage with a theatre company called Flash Musicals. Then when I was 15 I managed to gain a work experience placement at Charles.H.Fox (a make-up shop in Covent Garden on Tavistock street). Whilst working there, I learned that they also ran professional work shops and after my work experience, I decided to attend two of them. The first one was a beauty and photographic workshop and the second one was in special effects make-up. Then when I was 17 I started to attend The College Of North East London, where I studied for a VTCT in Theatrical and Media make-up. Since graduating from the course I have been fortunate enough to work a lot of different and interesting projects ranging from fashion shows to television to films, including Caution Wet Paint, which I will talk about in my next blog, which I will be posting in two weeks from today, so be sure to check back! :)



That's me, on the right, next to Olivia (La P)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see the other members of the crew here!

I hope all goes smoothly with the next CWP production - I hear that Captn' Goldtop is very fussy about his mascara...

El M