Monday 27 April 2009

El Director does El Business

Some of you may (or may not) know that I am off on holiday in just under two weeks. And when I go on holiday, I am out of contact with the world. No phone, computer, internet, postcards, whatever, I'm out of here. It is my holiday, and I will go to where I want to go, do what pleases me and generally, relax. Of course, for me relaxation does not mean a five star resort and a beach. That's my idea of hell (the resort bit). Anyway, if I want a beach holiday, I'll head to Seychelles.



No, for me a holiday is adventure, a sense of the unknown plus a little bit of the rough and ready in order to assault the senses and experience something brand new. And it does not get any more new than India. And specifically, India's North East:



Before I go I have to sort out business. With Caution Wet Paint I need a working edit so when I come back I can head for the colour and sound corrections. That is the main thing. Plus I have to get a bunch of blogs ready. While my personal blog will have a long gap in the post, I have to make sure there are enough posts to cover for this fair blog.

But there is also the business for a holiday. After sorting out tickets and visas, the next option is to sort out health. It is India, as beautiful as it is, and as hardy as I am, I still got to look after myself. Injections, Anti-Malarials and health insurance are things which I have to get before I leave. Health Insurance I am normally dubious about. Depending on the destination, sometimes I take it, sometimes I don't, it just depends where I am going and for how long. For the USA, definitely, but for places in Asia and Africa, not so much so. Local healthcare is fairly cheap, and worse comes to worse, just change the ticket to fly back early. I'll see and report back on that one.

ALl right then, off to sort out business. El Maestro is visiting tomorrow...

No comments: