Thursday 19 November 2009

Turnaround Time

Film Festivals take a long time to respond to your submission. Not surprising, a festival with say, 50 slots to fill may well get ten times that number pouring in through their letterbox. For one film festival that I have submitted to yesterday afternoon, I will not hear from them until July next year. That is over nine months and to put that into context, you can conceive and bear a healthy child in that amount of time.

The wait is agonising, but it is important not to loose focus and to still distribute. It is also why many films at these festivals have copyrights that are one or two years old. These events are big thing, show a lot of films and take time to organise.

Which still leaves me twiddling my proverbial thumbs. Or am I?

No comments: