Monday 11 January 2010

Storyboarding...

Ah, the storyboards. Sometimes I draw them (stick men, at best) but often I will photograph the actors/actresses in a dress rehearsal. It is surprising how close to reality these boards are. They are also ludicrously fun sessions when you can really muck about during rehearsals and flesh out the story itself.



Most of the storyboards I did for Save the World were from the fight scene between Jay & Kay and the milk bottles. This was practical. To put it simply, this was going to be the difficult scene, an action scene, and so the planning needed to be good. Also mixing animation and live action into the same scene was going to be tough and I needed to know exactly where the actors were going to be before I shot the animation sequences.

The only was way to do this was during a photographic storyboard so I knew where the actors were going to be in relation of the rest of the set.

Enjoy, the logistical nightmare that is the shooing of 'Caution Wet Paint!'

Storyboarding

No comments: