Monday 11 May 2009

El Director Calling from India




Hello La Producer here, well after speaking to El Director on the phone from India, I am delivering you his blog of the day, with a cup of Chai. Enjoy!

So, after five weeks of wall-to-wall editing, I need a break.

Firstly, do not underestimate my short attention span. To edit that long, continuously, is phenomenal for someone with my tiny brain capacity. And yes, I am quite proud of my creation, but boy do I still have a lot of work to do.

Oh well, thank goodness for the holiday. It has been a year since I have been abroad and in all reality the last time I have really 'got away' was back in 2004 when I visited Slovenia. Yep, back in those heady days, I was a film maker bubbling with dreams and enthusiasm and about to set out on my first short film, 'The Fight'. I have come a fair distance since then, and to look back on my own personal trials and tribulations during the intervening years is humbling. I still have a lot to learn, but I have felt that I have gathered so much information since then. Not exactly from Zero to hero just yet, but I definitely started right at the bottom of the pile...

No comments: