Saturday 4 April 2009

Photos from the Set

Taking a look at La Producer's Blog and the first picture, it is interesting to see what the crew often witnesses while a shoot is going on.



I am trying to show Kuldip (who plays Kay) how to dance. One of the aspects of being a director is to firstly, think on the spot and secondly, improvise. I am not a choreographer, but I do have a vision in my mind of how I want the dance to look. I love the expressions on the actors' faces. And yes, that piece of footage has been captured 'on film' and will be in the out takes...

Another photo I like from Olivia's blog post is this one:



This is what a film set looks like in between takes and captures perfectly the energy that the crew had while shooting 'Jay and Kay Save the World'. The milling around, the set ups for the next shot. There are a lot of people who do not appear on camera, but who are essential to the smooth running of the film. This is why I like this shot, it shows a little bit of the work that goes into the filming...

No comments: